Top Bar
Bottom Bar


For questions about registration, please contact our registrar, Mrs. Stacy McAllister via e-mail, fax or phone.

Please note!
  • Students registering after 10:00 am will start school the following day.
  • All students must be enrolled by a natural parent or legal custodian.
  • Students cannot register without proper documentation!
Transfering From Outside of Cumberland County

Transfering to the Cumberland County School System from another school system:

Parents, take your child to the school in your district* and present the following records to the school:

  • Attendance Record
  • Birth Certificate
  • Discipline Record
  • Immunization / shot record (Parents of 7th graders see below!)
  • Proof of Residency (bill, lease, etc.)
  • Withdrawal form from last school attended (You’ll need a copy of your child’s last report card with grades. You will need to contact your child’s former school.)
  • Special Education Record / IEP

NEW IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENT!  ALL 7th Graders must have the following immunizations before enrolling in a Cumberland County School:

  • Tetanus
  • Diphtheria
  • Pertussis (Tdap)

*If you do not know which school your child should attend you may contact the Student Assignment Office at 910.678.2616 .

Transfering Within The Cumberland County School System
If you have moved to a new district in Cumberland County:

  • Withdraw from your current school.
  • Take the withdrawal form to the new school to register. 
  • You must also show proof of your new address.
Hardship Transfers (Special Assignment)
The parent /custodian must complete a “Special Assignment Request Form” and submit it to the Planning & Student Assignment Office.   The request will be reviewed by the appropriate Associate Superintendent.   The final decision will be based on:

  • Physical Handicap of the student
  • Mental Handicap of the student
  • Emotional Handicap of the student
  • Extenuating circumstances stated by parent
  • Enrollment and growth potential of the schools involved.
Choice Schools
The Governed Choice School Program allows students to apply for a school outside of their district.  
The following forms are those most commonly needed by parents from the Planning & Student Assignment Office.  If you have any questions about one of the forms listed below, please call the Student Assignment Office at 910.678.2616. 

  • Printable Forms
  • Employee Application: for Employees of the school who want their children to attend school in the district where they work.  This form must be completed, signed by the Principal, and returned to the Student Assignment Office.
  • County Release Form: grants permission for release from Cumberland County School System to attend another Public School System.  This form may be sent in to the Student Assignment Office.  A copy will be sent back to you showing that it was received and placed on the Board Agenda.
  • The above forms may be printed by using the Adobe Acrobat Reader: Download Acrobat Reader.
Published by Belinda Holloway on September 1, 2015
Bottom Bar
  • Visit links for more information

  • Visit links for more information

Bottom Bar

Cumberland County Schools
2465 Gillespie Street • Fayetteville, NC 28306

© Cumberland County Schools
Send questions or comments to
Web Manager

Website Accessibility I Accesibilidad a las Pбginas Web | Copyright/Privacy Notices and Disclaimers | Derecho de Propiedad Literaria/Avisos Privados y Renuncias